My 3 Month old son Joshua wants to be held 24/7 and he crys when i put him down. and wont stop until i pick him up.what can i do? i need help

NonaJK

Asked by NonaJK at 12:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put him down. If he crys he crys. He is crying because he knows you will pick him up.
    ZachsMom325

Answer by ZachsMom325 at 12:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Put him in a swing...
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 12:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• buy a baby sling. you can carry him around and still be hands free! and it's best for baby too! he can hear your heart beat and your breathing. He'll be calmer.
    You should google the benefits of baby wearing. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Oh and ZachsMom is mistaken
    3 month olds dont cry because they know you will pick them up. They cry because the NEED something. Even if it's just your love.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Some 3 month olds are doing this for attention. Not all, though. I'd be with him/hold him read to him, it may be a stage, but at the same time, 3+ months old babies ARE learning how to manipulate moms and dads...... it's behavioral (what will mom or dad do now??)

Peace
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 1:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Mine was the same until we bought him a swing. At first he would fall asleep every time we put him in it, but now he's learning to entertain himself. We make sure to put it in a room with an overhead light we can swing (so he can watch the light changes and shadows) or with a ceiling fan. We even put him in front of the tv sometimes when we watch a movie. He loves the brightness and sounds.

In my case, I think my little guy is getting bored (after I've checked the diaper, he's eaten, etc.) He hasn't yet developed the ability to pick up a teething ring or something else, but the opportunity is always there. But I make sure he gets plenty of stimulation by talking, singing and making funny sounds. I've learned that after the bombardment of my voice & face, he enjoys some alone time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I put my little guy in his swing or pack-carrier thing and run the vacuum. It seems to relax him quite a bit and I get some house work done! :oD
    OhBaby1467

Answer by OhBaby1467 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2009