How much do most people make a hour?

I know Minimum wage varies from state to state, but am wondering if wages for the same type of professional jobs vary from state to state as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• As Master Chef I make $8,989,175.00 per hour. My pay for my job with the Mafia is 24,505,138.00 per hour.

If only I made that in REAL LIFE, and not on Facebook. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Where I live, minimum wage is 7.75 an hour. The highest paying secretarial job you are going to find in this area is under 12.00 and hour. Walmart pays anywhere from 7.75 up to about 9.00 starting out. I saw the other day where White Castle is actually starting out at 9.00 now. So, I guess it all depends on what you are after. At the hospital, as a Respiratory Therapist, we started out about 12.50 an hour.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I'll answer this. I work as a yard hostler in Arizona (put trailers in for a grocery wearhouse to be loaded) 40 hrs a week and I make $18.50 per hour. It never seems to be enough though.
    CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 1:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Of course it does! There is a website where you can put in where you live and your position to get an average for your area. Maybe someone knows what it is?

Answer by missanc at 1:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• yup
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Most companies vary their wages according to area. I live in a very expensive area so our wages are higher. When I worked for a grocery chain one of my colleagues moved to a cheaper area and she got a pay cut. My husband could move to another state with his job but he wouldn't get a raise for years until his salary was equal to others in that area in similar positions.

I used to make $11 an hour in retail. My husband started at $25 an hour out of college but has had several raises since.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Most people at Pre-Paid Legal Services can make anywhere from $34 -$138 in 15 minutes when they are new.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• it varies from state to state, and so does the cost of living!!! in my area in NC 8.00 an hour starting out is "good" money. People that work out on base doing what i do make twice what i make an hour....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• It really does vary from state to state and company to company. I am a SAHM so i don't make an hourly wage. Wish i did though! lol. But my hubby works in KY and he makes 14.55 an hour right now. But he just had another evaluation so he will be getting another 50 cent raise soon. I hope.
    Ali-Rippy

Answer by Ali-Rippy at 5:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I make $25/hr teaching (if you break out my salary to hourly x 40/wk) Hubby makes $75/hr using the same method.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2009