My whole pubic bone feels bruised!!!

I can't even sleep at night- it's so painful I roll over and my whole body cringes. I have a maternity pillow, and I can lay on it for most of the night, but laying on my side for the last few weeks has taken a toll on my shoulder, so that aches too!! Is there anything I can take on a regular basis, every night, that will stem the pain a bit? Or some kind of hot/cold compress, etc?

This is my third pregnancy, and really, I'm not a wuss. I don't complain about petty things and whine and beg for bedrest when I'm totally okay. I'm not a drama queen when it comes to pain, I'm really not! But I'm only about 27, 28 weeks along so I have a ways to go. I've never felt this kind of pain. I really feels like my whole pubic area was punched by a WWE champion. I can't find a way to stop the pain!! HELP!!!

livn4hevn

Asked by livn4hevn at 1:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This is my 3rd pregnancy and I'm feeling the same way too! I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow and the pain seems to get worse the further along I've gotten! I wish I had some answers for you sweets, the only thing I've found to work is to try to sleep in a variety of diffrent positions and hope you find one that helps at least alittle! I am feeling your pain!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I feel your pain!! The only thing that has worked is putting an ice pack down there for a while before bed...it may help numb the area. Because its your third everything is more "open" which might be why you've never experienced it before. I had the pain with my first and now my second...its a nightmare to turn over in bed.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 1:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My second pregnancy was like that, What i found that helped was to get a couple of pillows and put them on top of each other on the bed or floor get on your knees and lay over the pillows so that your rear is up and your head is lower than your rear. I would do this for 5-10 minutes and it would help, it didnt solve it completely my son was just so low and then we found out during labor that he was facing the wrong way so his head didnt fit quite right lol. it is very painful I have complete sympathy for you I still felt bruised for a little while after delivery.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:23 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I had that same problem but what i did was walked a little around the house before bed and then try laying on your back with a heating pad but not to hot and put your legs up and stay in that position for about twenty mins and then see if that helps if not then i would ask your doctor she should be able to help you if that doesn't work
    mommy2b924

Answer by mommy2b924 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i dont know if its what you have, but i have symphsis pubis dysfunction. and it sucks. Its so painful. Especially rolling over, and at times i try to not even walk its gotten so bad, but there is nothing oyu can do. Your doctor might be able to prescribe pain medication, and you could go to a chiropractor, but there not much you can do it will eventually go away when teh baby is out. Look into it, it might be what you have!
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 4:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2009