can my hubby's pay check get garnished if he is the only person working in household and if his names are not on credit card

can any one tell me if my hubby's paycheck can get garnish from capital one credit card lawyers if he is the only person working in the houshold right now and if he does not have his name on the charge card and never signed his name to any papers for getting the credit card. can capital go after him if it is all in my name. they are taking me to court for the credit card and have a lawsuit against me. please help i am so scared right now.if they take his pay check how will we be able to live and buy food. i do not have any family that can help out. what do i do thanks

horselover2

Asked by horselover2 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• Nope - as long as he didn't sign the contract...I used to work for a collection agency...but they may take any assets in your name...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• or put a Lien on your home...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• looks like you need to get a part time job or figure out a way to start paying off the debt that you created
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• No, but they should be willing to work it out with you if you call and discuss a payment plan on how much you can pay per month. And they can attach a lien to any assets - home or car.

Answer by missanc at 1:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• no but you should talk to a lawyer about your options good luck
    threeboysmama

Answer by threeboysmama at 2:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2009