What do you think of this? If a mom does not work outside the home, is not physically handicap and ask you to take her kid to school when school is 4 min. walking distance, what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Tell her no.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 1:23 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I would definitely ask why. And I'm a nosy person so that would've been the first thing I said when she asked me, lol. If you don't want to walk her kid to school, don't.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• If I were taking my own child then I'd do it. I'd suggest trading the duty though, unless she had a reason that she couldn't do it.

Answer by Bmat at 1:25 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I have driven, picked-up, drove around, etc. a lot of kids with the same situation...I finally learned how to say NO!! I started to feel like I was being taken advantage of (for being "nice"). It is hard to say no with no excuse though! Did she give you a reason that she can't (or just doesn't want to)?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• It would depend on if it were a common occurrence or not. I'd love to find another sahm willing to carpool her kids. It has squat to do with being lazy.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• If you are walking by her house to take your own kid then I would say yes, if she is willing to trade off. If I am going by anyway and she has something else going on, like a new baby or young children that are still sleeping then I would be more willing to do it all the time.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I am curious to why you are asking the question though. What is your situation?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• it depends, my boys are old enough to walk so last year my neighbor and i sent our kids together up the path way to school (school is right behind my house). This year however we both have kids in kindy and they start at noon so the older kids have already left for school and there are no big kids to walk with, I planned on driving my daughter to school and her walking home, my neighbor has other small children at home who nap during this time of day and I am headed that way anyways and they are in the same class so i take her girl to school with us and they all walk home with the big kids. I dont see a problem with it my neighbor and i trade off helping each other out in lots of ways, she will watch mine for a date night and we are always doing little things to help each other out, to me its really not a big deal.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i would as llong as (like the other posters)there is a trade off.this person drives to lets say soccer or boy scouts....or will even babysit for a while....other wise i think its just being taken advantage of...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Sure, why not? Stay at home moms are busy and have a lot on their plates. Maybe she has a lot to do in the am's and needs a bit of help. I wouldn't so quick to judge.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2009