When IS A Good Time To Switch To A Sippy Cup? Or Milk?

My Daughter Is 10 Months Old Now. I Was Woundering If Its To Soon To Start Giving Her A Sippy Cup? And To Start Giving Her Whole Or 2% Milk?

I Think My Son Was Off Formula Right Around A Year Old, But I Dont Remeber Exactlly When. My Older Sister Saids Its Best To Make A 6oz Bottle Of Formula
And Fill The Rest With Milk...??

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 1:23 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No milk until 1 year. You can introduce a sippy cup now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Oh and when you do give milk at 1 year it must be whole milk.
    Anonymous

• We switched to a sippy cup at 6 months, milk at 9 months per our pediatrician.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• a sippy cup is fine at this age but milk is normally not a good idea until they are 12 months. My youngest was using a sippy by 5 months old she hated bottles because she was breastfed so she refused if i tried to pump and put it in a bottle, if i put it in a sippy she was happy. I would dicuss it with your doctor first. I currently care for a 14 month old and her doctor said no milk till 12 months. Juice or water is okay to put in a sippy at this age.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Milk shouldn't be given till your child is a year old. I put my children on sippy cups at 1 years old.
    MOMOF2BOYS9805

Answer by MOMOF2BOYS9805 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• you can start introducing a sippy at 6 months. no milk til 12 months. you can give her diluted juice in a sippy cup now.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2009