At what age did you take your babies pacifier?

When did you take your babies pacifiers? I have heard alot of diffrent ages and was wondering what you did?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had read by Dr. Spock that if you give the baby a pacifier as much as they'll take it then at three months they'll spit it out, since the sucking urge would have caught up by then, and they'd never want it again, nor would they suck fingers or thumbs. I found this to be so for both children.

Answer by Bmat at 1:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My son is 6 months old right now and has it in his mouth all the time. When he drops it he will pick it back up and put it back in his mouth or if he cant get it he will suck on his fingers or thumb
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My son is 10 months and we have restricted it to his crib and the car. Except right now he has his first ear infection, so I've been letting him have it all morning. But he will take it out, put it in by himself.

Answer by missanc at 1:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I am planning to take it when my son is 18 months.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• DD is 9 months and won't take it anymore. She uses her toys or hands if she can't use mommy!
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2009