what can i do to keep my 13 month old from taking food out of his mouth?

It doesn't matter how or what we feed him. He will put the food in his mouth then immediately take it out, look at it then put it back in. We have even tried to hold down his hands and he will do what ever he has to to get the food out even uses his lips to push it off his tongue there has not been one thing he will just leave in without pulling it out first just to look at it. Is this something beyond regular toddler feeding. I have never seen this with anyone elses kids before

cris_e6783

Asked by cris_e6783 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's a phase. It will pass. I wouldn't worry about it right now. My son does the same thing, although I find that it occurs more often if he is eating something new, or spoon-feeding him. It's almost as if the texture or flavor surprises him, or he isn't sure if he likes it. He'll take it out, look at it and think about it for a second before popping it back in his mouth and go about his business. Kids are weird. At 13 months old, the whole eating thing is still very new.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 2:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Don't worry about it. Don't hold his hands down, that's mean!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2009