person who wrote in can capital one garnish my husbands pay check if he is the only one working

to add more info to my last email. we ended up loosing our house and now we rent. our 2 cars are 97. i would love to go back to work but i can not find a job that will give me any money left over on friday after i pay child care. please give me some answers if you can.
i have to go to court next wk if they do garnish my husbands paycheck do they do that the same day. i will i be able to live any one have any edvice and please do not be mean about this. we have fell on some hard times and i always paid my bills on time before every thing bad happened to us.

horselover2

Asked by horselover2 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes they can garnish your hubby's wages even if he's the only one working, what will vary is the amount of $$ they can take off. Good luck!
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 1:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• They can take him to court to get a court order to garnish wages. However, as I understand it, he can submit documentation (it's a pretty detailed process) that shows all the income and living expenses. If he is only making enough to cover living expenses and can prove it to the court, he may be able to hold off on garnishment.

The important thing to know is that the credit card company can't just garnish his wages. Only the court can do that.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I believe they can take 15% of his net.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2009