When did your baby get their first tooth?

How old was your baby when they got their first tooth? My DS is 6 months and seems to be teething. He slobbers constanly and chews on everything he can get in his mouth. Also what did you use to sooth teething pain? I have heard baby orejel hardens gums and makes it take longer for the teeth to break through the gums.

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 9 months. We just used chilled teething rings and frozen bagels.

Answer by missanc at 1:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My DD got her first tooth when she was 5 months. We gave tylenol and orajerl but only when she was crying in pain - usually at night. We would know because she was waking up every 15 minutes or so and we finally learned by the 3rd time that it was probably teething pain. During the day I tried to keep her distracting with playing but if she was crying out of the blue then I would give her tylenol. Our dr said to give tylenol for no more than 3 days and to use orajel sparingly because she could overdose. It really doesn't take very much at all. The other thing they recommended was a frozen washcloth and rubbing the baby's gums gently. You just got to find what works for your baby. Good luck!
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Mine is 5 months and teething right now.
    We are using the Hylands teething tablets and their teething gel.
    They help a lot.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 2:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My son was just about 6 months, and we didn't do anything special for him. He never seemed to be in pain, so we just let him chew on his toys and he was happy. And we're doing the same for my daughter right now, who's 5 months and seems to have a tooth (or two) right below the gum, but she's not in pain so we let her be. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:25 PM on Sep. 14, 2009