For those who has had a C section-

Its been two weeks since mine-Do u think its safe to use a Tampon now?
Was it always safe, or why isnt it safe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Your doctor should have told you when it is safe to use one, I want to say you are supposed to wait 6 weeks but I can't remember for sure. It has nothing to do with your c-section but you have a greater chance of developing an infection from outside germs on your cervix and uterus etc. if you use one or have sex before they recommend you do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I was told not to, to just use pads. But I had very little bleeding and mine didn't last two weeks. I'm not sure why you're not supposed to, just that you're not.

Answer by missanc at 2:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Whether or not you had a vaginal or c-section delivery, your body is still purging itself of all the uterine contents. You are supposed to be on what is called pelvic rest for 6 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I used pads until my regular period resumed. I don't think you are supposed to use them in the beginning.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I agree with mompam. You should wait until after your post delivery bleeding stops and your regular period resumes before using tampons.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My doc told me 6 weeks nothing in the vagina!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2009