Eggs...

I am so annoyed. I bought a package of 18 eggs yesterday, I left them out on the counter this morning. It's 79 degrees in my house. Out for 5 hours should I toss them or will they be ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Thats a good question. I remember years ago eggs were not refrigerated at the grocery store. I can't recall why they began putting them in a cooler, though. I would be afraid to eat them, but then again I am a little AR about things like that.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• "The general rule is that if food items are at room temperature for more than 2 hours, the safest thing to do is to discard the product. If you leave eggs anywhere that is not refrigerated, the best thing to do is throw those eggs away and buy a new carton."

I found this info at the egg safety page. http://www.eggsafety.org/f_a_q.htm#7.5
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I thought so. Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2009