If you had a bad past...

so called friends that were never really there for you, but you still called them friends because that was your life at the time. Family...well, we all know you can't pick your family. Did you turn your back on it all? meaning you removed them from your life and now although you may miss somethings your so much happier today without them in your life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• I didn't "turn my back" on my family but my interaction with them is very limited. I have a "take them in doses" motto that I've stuck to and it works for me. As for the so called "friends", as soon as I quit partying and drinking all of the time (and of course, most of the time paying for it all) they soon drifted away anyways. Your happiness is what matters most so if being without them makes you happy, thats what you should do.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• ABSOLUTELY! The people I used to hang out with and try to get support and advice from were really into drama. When I realized this I cut the so called friends from my life and only see the family, that I used to see all the time, when I have to. My life is soooo much more peaceful and I've found that I have a much better relationship with my husband. It took me a while to replace those people in my life but I now have real friends, whom I call my family, that actually support and listen to me. It works out that they have become my husbands friends too or vice versa. We've learned to spot the people that would only cause trouble and weed them out before we get hurt or screwed by them.

Jess
    jessibear78

Answer by jessibear78 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• You got to. Otherwise it starts all over again with the backstabbing , he said she said let's go out and party mode all over again. Just move on to bigger and better and don't look back. The future you can change to what ever you want. Don't let the past haunt you and bring you down with the same old same old crowd.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Sometimes you have to. I cut out all my old fair weather friends and am glad I did it. As for family.........I have limited my contact with the crazy ones and users.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I quit talking to most of them. it's hard bc i miss most of my "friends" but I realize the ones who stuck around for me are my REAL friends. as far as family goes, reduce your contact with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My husband did & he is a better man for it. I know sometimes that he misses it a little but then he gets out of that 'mood', which is all that really is. Never let a mood control you...moods change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 AM on Sep. 15, 2009