pregnant after you've had your tubes tied? (not posting in preg for a reason)

ok, so i have had my period like clock work ever since my tubal 2 years ago. it usually EXTREMELY heavy, and i'll go through Ultra absorbency tampons in a little more than an hour. last month it was unusually short, and lite. i only used Regular tampons for 1 1/2 days (usually have to for at least 6), and spotted a little after that... my tits have gotten bigger, and been extremely sore for about the last 3-4 weeks, and the last couple of weeks, i have been extremely tired... now i just feel cruddy, like i'm getting the flu. kinda queasy, just off. my tits are still sore, but its more like that feeling you get after you let down (all the BF mommies will understand)....

i'm in a new relationship, just had my divorce finalized, and already have three kids. not to mention that he isn't divorced yet, we just moved in together, and he has two kids... i dont need this right now. i hope i'm just being paranoid.

feed back???

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 2:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow. It does sound like your pregnant. If I were you I'd get to a DR. immediately and find out. Also to make sure that you aren't having a tubal pregnancy. I've heard about women who have their tubes tied having tubal pregnancies but I'm not sure if the symptoms are the same as a regular pregnancy or not. I'm sorry that I can't help more. Good luck!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• there is a 1 in 400 failure rate for the procedure i had done... i was aware of that at the time, but never thought that i could possible be that 1. so i simply assumed that we were all clear, ignorance is bliss, right? now, i feel like i have been hit like a mac truck. but i don't feel like i did with any of my other pregnancies... so, maybe, just maybe i'm truly just a little off. trying to fight the flu or something. i've been vomiting at random for a week or so, and just havent felt well in general. i can hope.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I had my tubes tied and my periods are never regular! They are really bad though. Take a test if you are worried,get bloodwork too! If you are tou will be fine though! Women have normal pregnancies after a tubal. Also we are female our hormones change all our lives not just during pregnancy so you may just be paranoid!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I had the same thing happen last month. I even puked a couple of times. Turns out I just had the flu and had been fighting it really well for a couple weeks and then on the nite before inspections I had to stay up all nite so I just got really sick. And yes my boobs hurt during that period.
    However I didn't have any trouble with my cycle. I'd get a HPT. And remember that if it comes back positive you were obviously meant to have this child.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i'm just freaked out. i think ima pick up a piss test when we go to the grocery tonight. i just really don't want it to be positive... i lived a nightmare with my ex, who was extremely abusive, and tried to KILL me while i was pregnant with ds. and dd's father completely abandoned us, i haven't heard from him in almost 8 years. so, i guess the past is just haunting me.

i have met a couple of women who have conceived after having a tubal. complete surprise, and one of them continued to have her cycle until she was almost 5 months along.... freaky. *crossing my fingers*
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2009