I had spotting on May 19th & 20th but neg test so expected period June 16th. It didn't come so I took a test June 18th that had a faint positive I thought might be a evap line. Today 23rd took test that was definitely positve. Due to the June 18th result being so faint what is more likely, I conceived in May or June?

Asked by Spinner8 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you conceived most likely in May. A faint line is still a line. The hcg concentration was there enough for the test to pick up. It was even stronger by the time you did the second test. Congrats!! Go see your OB/Gyn for a due date and to see approximately how far along you are.

• It's hard to say. But if you were due June 16th then most likely you concieved at the end of May/beginning of June. But since all women are different I couldn't say for sure.

A faint positive is still a positive. It could just be that there wasn't enough of the hormone in your urine for it to be darker (your first pee of the day has the most in it. Less later on in the day or if you drink a lot of water)

Answer by amethystrse at 6:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I'm going with May. None of my tests showed up positive till i was at least 5-6 weeks a long.

Answer by misty1_sd at 6:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• i would say the end of april or begginig of may unless May was a normal period for you but with just some light spotting I would not consider that a period

Answer by jorbear at 6:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2008