How old before you stopped burping the baby?

Thats it, how old was your baby when you stopped burping them.

And how do you burp a bigger baby.. My six month old is 25lbs and it is impossible to put him on my shoulder and where he is sitting up on his own it is very difficult to get him to lean over to burp him on my lap. Therefore I dont burp him anymore, but he still gets awful gas pains sometimes and because it is so hard to burp him it takes forever.
Any special techniques I should use?

MarchMarie

Asked by MarchMarie at 2:25 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• big boy! i stopped burping my DD at 4 months old after that she did it herself lol shes my lil belcher
    ifihadjessysgrl

Answer by ifihadjessysgrl at 2:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I stopped burping my son at about 5 months, when he started burping on his own when I just sat him up. My daughter is 5 months now, and sometimes just sitting her up does it, and sometimes I still have to burp her. But I still do it over my shoulder. You could try laying him on his back and pedaling his legs; other than that, I don't know of anything else to try that you haven't mentioned.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Usually I would just sit my son upright and place a gentle pressure on his belly with my hand, or just lean him forward slightly with my arm across his belly while he sits upright on my lap. Being upright and a slight, and I do mean slight, pressure on his belly usually brings the burps up. You can pat his back at the same time if it's necessary. I think I stopped, or got lazy about the burps around 6-7 months old. He was also a very gassy baby and took forever to burp. I do mean 30 minutes for a sufficent burp when he was very small. Feedings took forever!
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 2:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2009