Does anyone else believe that Walmart will take over the world?

It's a love hate situation I have with Walmart. Yeah who couldn't resist their low low prices, and thats the point. Their prices are too low, so no one can beat them. I am sure in a few years Walmart will have destroyed every small business & major business in its branch. Making it the only super store. I am pretty sure soon they'll sell their own cars. I heard that Sam'sClub already does! How will that work out for our ecomony? And I am sure Walmart can't supply as many jobs for as many unemployed people their making?

PrincessSmasher

Asked by PrincessSmasher at 2:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol this is a funny question cuz i have this friend who is obessed w/ tryin 2 destroy walmart! but sadly he still 2 goes shoppin there, he even occqsionally wears a hate walmart pin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Yeah, that could happen. I also love/hate walmart. I have to go again for groceries. I don't want to, but they're so much cheaper than the grocery store. What's a gal to do?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• LOL! We never go shopping at WalMart. I don't hate WalMart just don't like the way they do business. Well, I use coupons to save what I can and shop at the grocery stores near by which are trying to lower their prices as much as they possibly can lately. This is tough time for everyone of us. Just hope those big retailers like Wal Mart do their businesses with honesty.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 2:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I don't know the business of walmart but its hard to tell if their doing it honestly. I mean how come other places aren't as cheap? And I agree with ocsosomom, clipping coupons is a great way to find the best deals too.
    PrincessSmasher

Answer by PrincessSmasher at 2:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I buy soymilk for my child and I was sooo suprised when I was looking for the cheapest brand that the good name brand soymilk was cheaper than the Wal-mart brand soymilk. I wonder if Wal-mart knew!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I don't shop at wal-mart, I used to work there it was a horrible job experiance! For so many reasons!!!!1 I shop at Smith's & Safeway when sunday coupons come out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Really?! I never thought I would be a negitive experiance from working at Walmart. I just assumed they had good benefits and a good staff.
    PrincessSmasher

Answer by PrincessSmasher at 3:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I read a book called Nickled and Dimed. The author was a reporter who "quit" her job to see if she could make a living for just herself on Walmart pay. She did not take income from her "real" job for 6 mos. She moved out of her house and rented an apartment. They gave her horrible hours, slave wages and no insurance. She was dog tired and could not make ends meet and had to take on a second job as a waitress. This book gave me a whole new look at Walmart. I hate the fact that their employees are mistreated. I hate the fact that I have to go there because the prices are low..milk for instance. But I think the low prices come at the expense of the employees. It is almost cult like, have you been there when they are in the middle of the isles in "meetings" chanting and cheering....kind of unprofessional and creepy. Like I said, cult-like.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I NEVER DID THIS, but this employee who worked with me at wal-mart usued to steal stuff. I couldn't believe it! I wanted to tell on her, but I felt that I couldn't, and I had no proof she was diong it, eventually she wwas cought and fired for it. SHe hates wal-mart for firering her. BUT THEY NEVER PRESSED CHArGES!?!?!? what is that asbout and she still shopes there too because of low prises.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Wow. That is said :'( I think I am going to read that book on my down time. I guess I could say thanks for the recommendation.
    PrincessSmasher

Answer by PrincessSmasher at 3:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2009