How long has it been since you've been out without the kids

For me it has been two months, me and SO really need it but no baby sitter.

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 2:46 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 7 months. Before that, about 8 years.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• about 8 months, he was deployed for 6 and since then we just haven't had a chance b/c now theres 2 of them...there was only one when he left.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• This weekend we got away for the first time in 18 months...we had a great time - and I actually got some sleep!
    AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 2:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Well my kids are 16 and 10, so it's not a problem for us. When they were little it was still easy because we had friends and they never had a problem watching our kids. One of my friends would keep them overnight even when they were babies
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Well, it's been 3 months. This coming Wednesday there is a back-to-school night for parents so I already ask a babysiter to come over and me and DH will have a couple hours free without kids around. But we have to go talk to teachers, do you think we will have fun without kids?
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 2:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Friday night. I am very lucky. I have 2 boys that are 3 and 4, but my DD's are 15 and 18. I have a step D that is 14. As long as they don't have plans or I ask ahead of time, they are willing to watch the little ones. It is so nice to leave them with their sisters. The girls love the crap outa them so they are in excellent hands.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• About 3 years! We always take our son with us, he's well behaved and we don't mind taking him with us. My mom and MIL wish we would let them babysit but we don't find the need to leave him behind.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Well about 20 min. My DD is in town with DH.
    Just enjoying the Peace and Quiet......
    Don't happen often but Today it has..
    monijane

Answer by monijane at 4:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I think we went out to breakfast and some shopping in July. It was a spur of the moment thing. My dad was up early and entertaining the kids so we jumped in the car and went. We were gone a few hours. It was the first time we had been out since our anniversary in January which was our first date in 4 1/2 years (the only other time we've been out alone in the last 5 years was a month before our anniversary when we went Christmas shopping while the kids were in school so my dad only watched our 3yo). So that's 3 times we've been out in 5 years. Woohoo. We're moving 3 hours away from my dad so until our youngest starts kindergarten in 2011 we won't be able to go out alone again.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2009