Is ACORN responsible for the housing crisis? Was it planned to put BO in the White House?

I've just been thinking about ACORN and corruption.

If you don't want to take the time to think about this before giving a response please skip the question.

A pattern of illegal activity is developing. ACORN helps people qualify for HUD mortgages. There is growing evidence that they were helping people qualify fraudulently. How many fraudulent loans did they help make? How many of those loans were defaulted upon?

ACORN has been accused of voter fraud in several states now.

Pondering here...did they help thousands obtain loans that were defaulted upon, thus creating a housing crisis that coincidentally came to a head around the time of the presidential election? Did they commit voter fraud to boost the number of votes for BO? Was the election engineered and ACORN the vehicle to make it happen?

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 2:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You really, truly, honestly need to get a life. I know, you run your own little online business, but really you need to get an effing life. Or some help for your obsessiveness. It's bad for your health to be so negative 24/7.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• ACORN was definitely a part of the equal housing lending bill. Which has some good parts to it about lending to any race, age, etc.....but then also had bad parts about lending to any income.

With the banks being required to lend to low income, and with boycotting efforts of ACORN if they were nervous about it, the creative mortgages and sub-prime loans were born; which created the housing bubble and subsequent burst.

I don't think they were plotting so far ahead as to get Obama elected by purposefully creating a crisis, but I have no problem calling them out as being a big part of the crisis.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• CRA(both I and II), ACORN, Barney (Fannie and Freddie are 'fine')Frank, and Chris Dodd... There were so many sticky fingers in this pot, it's disgusting...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• OF course they did, thats what they were supposed to do and they still are doing it.
    They didn't start it though. It was teh government was who started it for reason such as that.
    It's no mistake that when you type in Acorn, the first thing you get is low cost housing.
    This group was introduced in 1970 so they have been around awhile but when congress decided not enough low income people could own a home they are the ones who pushed it so much and added Freddy and Fanny to the mix.
    They are all involved, corruption runs amuck........
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• There were many other factors involved in putting BO on the white house. I am not prepared to say that ACORN initiated voter fraud for any particular candidate because we have no proof of who these make-believe voters voted for or if they did vote. What I did find was this: "Former ACORN Miami-Dade field director Mac Stuart has declared an intent to sue ACORN and has made charges of rampant voter fraud operations. Stuart was employed and specifically tasked by ACORN to generate 103,000 new voter registrations from Dade County. He reports that ACORN threw out Republican registrations while paying for Democratic ones."-WASHINGTON, Oct. 13 /PRNewswire

But I will say this - freeze ANY and ALL government funds for them until a complete investigation and audit can be preformed over ALL their activity (including loans). This ACORN bs has got to stop at someone's doorstep - but who knows whose it will be. I hope BO isn't involved
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• That sounds like the plot of a grisham novel, lol.

To elect Obama specifically, I doubt it. To make the wh more acorn friendly, sure I could see that.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

Ha ha!! I run so much more than a little online business! Helping those with special needs is a special calling for me. I wouldn't be able to do it without my other business. Bringing down our corrupt government is the current mission of my life, so you see this kind of stuff is now my work.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• OP here, let me amend the orginal question a bit.

I don't know that they did it to put Obama in particular in the White House, but that they did it to put someone like him in. Just think of all the big pieces of legislation in the works. Legislation that will change the face and the course of our nation. I think the far left manufactured a way to attempt to steal the country and do it in plain site.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I don't think they did to get a liberal in the WH... I think they did it because like every other politicians~there are MANY liberals intertwined with special interest groups. The biggest difference, the liberals have majority of the media on their side. They won't investigate this level of cronyism and corruption unless it was going on from the right side of politics.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Considering Barney Frank and other Dems blocked any type of regulations on Freddie and Fannie and all seem to be in bed together it is possible this was done to get him elected. Politicians don't care about their constituents they care about the money they can make being in office. I would not be shocked to find this was carefully planned.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2009