is it legal for cps to sit outside your home and spy on you?

we had a cps worker sit outside our home and watch at first she pulled in front and sat then pulled into the ally behind our place and sat. she even had camera and was taking pics...not sure what she trying to prove....they only things she seen, if anything was the kids watching seasme street and me making lunch...and i have open floor plan so was able to see everything that went on in living room...and i know it was cps cause it was the same woman that came to our house to investigate after a jealous girl tried saying we neglect our kids.. which im trying to figure out how we are doing that, house is always clean kids always clean and fed and if sick i take them to dr asap and of course kids are spoiled, and get rewarded for good behavior by toys movies vid games ordering out... and kids rarely act up...so now they got to spy to dig up some dirt...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OMG. I know cps may not be 'all bad,' but overall, I f-ing hate them, and now feel the need to post that somewhere on here. They can't be trusted. They have way too much arbitrary, "not regulated enough authority" and have thus been investigated in at least one particular agency. I'm pretty sure much of the reason they can do so much in this aspect is because the suspected offenses in their jurisdiction is civil instead of criminal.

Anyway, in my experience, all they did was try to mandate what needed to be done, but none of their services were useful for our family because what we needed was real financial assistance to implement much of what they tried to force down our throats. And of course that is not an option, for those of us who 'make a *little* bit too much money. Oh well. At least we were able to satisfy then so they'd finally close our case. (continued ------>)
    Myriam2024

Answer by Myriam2024 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• There is a reason CPS is doing this. They may feel your family is trying to hide abuse. Most case workers have been doing this job for many years and have good knowledge of when someone is lying to them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• (continued -----> ) And I KNOW that none of what they tried to 'make' us do made any difference; I'm sure they do a LOT of time wasting with people like us, who aren't anywhere near as in a true crisis situation as much of the rest of the people are that they SHOULD be paying attention to and HELPING; not harassing. Better get off this subject now, or I'm going to have an angry panic attack or something. I just cannot abide senseless unnecessary invasive tiresomeness.
    Myriam2024

Answer by Myriam2024 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i think they can in some respect. their not harassing you so.
    PrincessSmasher

Answer by PrincessSmasher at 4:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

that was a rude reply back to the OP. Sometimes they are wrong I'm a foster parent and I have seen it happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• CPS is damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they investigate and find nothing, then they are being nosy, intrusive and cause "senseless unnecessary invasive tiresomeness." But if they investigate or decide to not investigate, and something bad happens to a child, then they are lazy and neglecting their responsibility to society.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• thank you rooster, I was about to say the same thing. While I know you aren't doing anything bad, wouldn't you prefer they take the time to look into reports rather than blow them off and miss something somewhere?
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 4:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2009