driving impaired.

I have a few so called friends that think it is ok to smoke weed and drive. They think there is no difference than driving sober. Do you think there is a difference between driving while high or driving while drunk? Are you still impaired to the point that you shouldnt drive? And this is the craziest thing ive ever heard. My friends SIL thinks its ok to smoke a joint in front of her young children bit will NOT light up a cig in front of them. Is this crazy or what!?

blondiemaker07

Asked by blondiemaker07 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in About CafeMom

• No, there is no Difference. Drunk or high, you are stil impaired, period! (i've done both, I know how it feels and no I would not drive impaired!) And as far as lighting up a joint in front of kids but not a cigarette... LMAO... ok, where is Bill Engvall with the Here's Your Sign Award?
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 3:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i would NEVER smoke anything in front of my child.. nor drive under the influence not because i dont think i could drive just as well, just the thought of what would happen if i got pulled over and they knew never would risk losing my child
    ifihadjessysgrl

Answer by ifihadjessysgrl at 3:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• yeah your SIL is a flaming IDIOT. I mean weed will get her kids high- maybe not give them a greater percentage of harmful toxins as cigs, but I mean she's getting her kids high through secondhand smoke.
    If I had to choose which one to smoke in front of my kids, I would pick cigs in a heartbeat. (but I would not smoke any in front of them at all!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Oh yeah and there is IMO a slight difference- Alchohol can make you black out and I ahve never heard of the kind of blackout asssociated with drinking from smoking weed.
    I know that when I used to get stoned and drive I felt like such a safe driver, I even had my mom and my aunt with me driving one time, and my mom said that she was very impressed that Im not driving like the maniac I usually drive like. Alchhol will depress your central nervous system, weed will have a more mental affect- not to say it doesnt have any affect on the cns, its just significantly less of an affect than alchohol.

and btw your question is in the wrong category
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• To each their own I guess but when I was smoking weed, I never drove. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have good insurance for a reason, lol. On my best day I'm still not the best driver so anything that I think could possibly make me that much more of a bad driver, I avoid. I don't agree with doing drugs infront of her child, I think it's irresponsible but again, I'm not her and thats not my child. To smoke weed in front of her child but not cigarettes sounds to me like she is a hypocrite and probaly needs to talk to a drug hotline and find out the risks of smoking ANYTHING while her child is around. I smoke cigarettes, my kids know I smoke, however they do not inhale my smoke, so I do agree with her on not smoking cigarettes infront of her child. Errgg, hopefully she doesn't get into a wreck.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2009