How late of a period is ok or NORMAL when you're on the pill??

This is the second month that I've been on the pill. Last time I spotted a little before the white pills, then started my period either the first night of taking the white pills, or the second morning. I'm on the third day and still nothing. Would it be a waste to get a pregnancy test just in case? I plan on starting to try in January anyway so I could keep the extra if I wasn't pregnant.

I've taken the pill 1 hour late one time, and 3 hours late one time. I'm useless without my daily alarm and my phone was dead so I didn't notice till later that I hadn't taken it.

ours

Asked by ours at 3:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i don't actually know but i would guess it would depend on the woman...? but you could always get a pregnancy test. you will want to know asap so that if you are pg you can stop the pills. i really don't think taking them a few hours late would make them less effective but you can get pregnant even if you take them right on time. good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My doctor told me that as long as you start within the week of "white" pills ur safe. If you get to the end of those pills and still nothing, take the test.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 4:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

that's good advice i think because the white pills are just placebo, right, so you would be testing before start taking the hormones. gl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2009