Help w/ gassy baby!

Does anyone have any advice for my gassy 3 mo old? We have him on Mylicon, using Dr Browns bottles.. Taking prescrip zantac and previcid.. But he is still sooo gassy, he cant sleep for very long w/ out the pains waking him up.. The most comfortable sleep position for him is his stomach which I know we just cant do. He usually spends most of the night sleeping on my stomach but that just makes me get a horbile nights sleep... I have tried sleep positioners, car seat, swing and boucny seat too!! We have been on several formulas from hypoalergenic to soy.. None seem to help in any way. Anyone have any advice?

JacksMom610

Asked by JacksMom610 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It still seems to sound like the formula is not right. I felt horrible, but we didn't get one of our kids formula right until they were almost 4 months. Beware the BFing moms are going to say "Well, that's the price you pay when you don't BF".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• do you gas drop in every bottle?? casue thats what we had to end up doing, i do also say the formula but CHANGING it all the time isnt helping.. have you tryd just whole milk? i understand that they say to not but we switched after 4m cause of this problem.. and we had to put the blankets under his mattress cause he needed to sit up some.. but hey always ask your doc before you take any adivce.. lol the bouncy chair is a great idea..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 3:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• When my babies got gassy, something called 'gripewater' worked wonders. It can be found at Walgreens and some healthfood stores. (was a lot better than mylecon) I know how frustrating it can be 4 your baby 2 be hurting and nothing eems 2 work, but it will get better. Just hang in there.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2009