Breastfeeding Weaning Tricks

I'm looking for ideas on how to wean from the breast by putting a certain paste or something that taste's bad on your ta ta's. Has anyone tried something that worked? Please share! Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Never had trouble with that, but my grandma told me when i was little, if you want to stop biting your fingernails, put earwax on it. & my nails are still long! Same basic idea, though.
    Good luck! Wish I could be more help.
    TaylorPaige

Answer by TaylorPaige at 3:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I personally don't think you should ever use a tactic like that to wean off of the breast. What if they won't take the bottle after? Then they will not take the breast either. Not to mention, it doesn't seem right to have good tasting "tata" one time, and a bad tasting one the next.
    VonWiggles

Answer by VonWiggles at 4:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I think that's a little mean. Just replace or cut out one nursing per week until you finish. Replace with formula, milk, solid food, a snuggle, a special treat, anything. If you are set on leading the weaning process, you just have to stand your ground with it. There isn't an *easy* way out. It's a process, just like with weaning from a bottle.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I agree with PP. . . it took over a month to ween my little guy and out nursing or reduced nursing time very slowly. It isn't an easy process unless they have decided to stop nursing. . .

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2009