I dont understand what the heck is going on but its driving me crazy! any advice?

So before i took my 6 hour trip to go see some family this weekend i went and saw my dr for my weekly exam, she said oh yay your dialated and i said oh yay ok! anywho, that same freekin day i got the worst period like cramps i have ever had in my life.. my dr said to expect that about now so i delt with it and the whhoole car ride to so-cal i was getting BH so strong i could barley talk and they lasted from 30-50 seconds each.. so hubby pulls over we get a light snack some water and i walk around for a good 20 minutes and they keep coming ever 5-20 minutes when ever they damn well please type thing... while im walking!( they usually stopped b4 when i was walking) then after we got to so cal i was losin peices on my mucus plug here and there for a day and a half... and the cramps back aces inner thigh pains and Braxtons keep coming around randomly. i dunno if its labor or false or what. but i know its not normal..

armymum1013

Asked by armymum1013 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i might have gotten lost in there but what is it that is not normal? :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• sounds to me like what my doc said to expect in the beginning of labor. and I am pretty sure those are real contractions since they don't go away with water, food, or walking around and you can't hardly talk through them. my guess is that your baby will be coming any day now. just keep track of the contractions, when they get to be regularly 5 minutes start-to-start, go to l&d! good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• oh no.. is there anyway to stall it? can this usually last at least another 2 weeks? im not even 36 weeks yet! im anxious but she's not done yet! lol
    i looked it up and asked some friends they said they had these symptoms for about a week in a half and this is my 3rd day with them....
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• NO, it wont usually last a week or two or three...... Im actually surprised your doc gave you the OK to ride in the car for that long while you are that far along and already dilating. YOur little one may just end up being here a little earlier than you planned. If you are seriously not wanting to have this baby soon, like in the next couple days, take yourself to a hospital, they can sometimes stop labor, but the longer you wait to go it, they cant always stop it.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 3:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• You are in labor! Call your doctor.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• if your water hasn't broken yet your okay but you are pretty much having pre labor pains i had that with my son and was cramping for a week straight off and on and then i had him two weeks earlier than we planned on him being here so just be careful cause you might be having him/her any day now
    mommy2b924

Answer by mommy2b924 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Sounds like your doctor stripped your membranes without your knowledge. If that is the case I would complain. I don't know how far along you are but there are obs who are known to strip membranes without a woman's knowledge from 37 weeks onward.

This can cause unproductive cramping, bleeding, discharge and all kinds of discomfort under the guise of "getting things going". The problem is that unless your body and baby were teetering on laboring naturally it does nothing but cause pain and discomfort -- not to mention unnecessary worry!

I'd call and find out if that is what was done to you.

By the way, dilation means nothing. Women can walk around for weeks dilated, while other women don't dilate at all until in well into labor. Both very normal! That should have been explained to you too.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 7:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i seriously hope your doctor did not sweep your membranes. that would be extremely wrong. especially if s/he didnt ask you first but anyway that is terrible to do before you are even due imo, but ill just assume s/he didnt

and i cant believe a pp said she cant believe your dr let you ride in the car when your 36 weeks. i was in a plane for 10 hrs when i was 36 weeks. lol.

some women do go on like that for a couple of weeks but you better get to the dr just in case imo.

i hope you can keep baby in there for another week or so!!!!!! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2009