When is the last time you ate something by yourself?

My daughter is a like a dog. Every time I eat something she says "yum" and comes over to beg. It's hilarious. No matter what she is doing, she stops immediately and hauls ass over to me. Even if she just got finished eating . . . it never fails.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OP-that is funny, my daughter does the same thing, she loves to eat.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 5:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My son is almost 3 and has become picky so he doesn't eat half the stuff I do. Its nice to have a meal to myself again!!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Wiat, there is a time they DON'T do that!?! My dd is 22 mos and we went out to eat last night. She picked up a fork and stuck it right in my food, then started eating MY food when she had everything she wanted in front of her! I'm always like "you're so lucky I love you ;) " She copies everything I eat, even if I give her a peice of candy and I don't want it, she won't either lol!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I hope you're making use of that behavior to get her to eat other foods!. We do a similar drill with my son who will eat what's on our plate but not his even when it's the same! He's also learned that we get more interesting drinks.. he only gets milk and water.. Juice comes only once in a while.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• It's been 19 years, my oldest is 18 and the youngest is 3, I have come to enjoy extra forks in my plate, a lukewarm meal and never just getting to sit and eat :). I am sure one day...although I don't see it right now......I will get to enjoy a meal by myself!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 8:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My son does the same thing! I call him "my little puppy". If I don't offer him some he will tilt his head back with his mouth open and just stand/ sit there. The other night we went out to eat and i cut his food up and handed him his fork. then he pushed his away and pulled my plate over to him and went to town.
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 9:46 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• lol I about wet my pants laughing so hard. . . My son does the same thing. . . If I don't give him a bite he will find a way to crawl up on the chair/couch and try to take a bite. . .I find myself eating standing up half the time with him jumping at my legs. . . oh so funny.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Um yeah, my daughter will do that even if I have stuff she won't touch with a a ten foot pole if it's on her plate! Example, tonight I had catfish and she scooted right over, she is such a little scammer!
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 11:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2009