I DIDNT KNOW THIS..... WOW! Now I feel like a dumb Christian. :-(

Leviticus 15:25
“If a woman has a discharge of blood for many days, not at the time of her menstrual impurity, or if she has a discharge beyond the time of her impurity, all the days of the discharge she shall continue in uncleanness. As in the days of her impurity, she shall be unclean.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• WTF
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• And there is the word of MAN. Men wrote the bible and were scared of a woman's "uncleanliness". Another great example of men downgrading women.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• The Bible, bringing you expert misogyny for 3000 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• sigh sorry you lost me. I am a Christian with a strong belief in God but not sure of the relevance of this to you, me anything?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:46 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Yes it's true. Top messages muhammed had for the Arabs. Muhammed came to confirm Jesus's teachings to his people.

Dont be ashamed honey. The church has many things they dont want you to know.

And many wont know the conflicts in the bible until they look with an open heart.
    Anonymous

• That Leviticus sure is a downer!  You can't do this and you can't do that and now you'll be in big trouble over something you have no control over.

Good thing I'm not a xtian, as if the time I bled heavily for 76 straight days wasn't bad enough!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Actually,that was in the OT, during the time the Israelites were wandering in the desert. Many laws like that were made, but aren't applicable today. They had to do things like that then,when they were all cramped together in those camps. And, it has nothing to do with "men downgrading women." How ridiculous!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Did I miss something? Why are we reading Leviticus on periods?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I'm confused...what exactly is/was your question?
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Don't worry, that's one of the bits of the bible that modern christianity considers irrelevant. There are some bits of Leviticus that are irrelevant (the ones that make life hard) and some bits that are still relevant (the bits that allow christians to be judgmental towards others) and the only way to tell the difference is to listen to what religious leaders and conservative talk show hosts tell you to believe.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2009