Showering

Do you think its wrong for a mother to shower with her son up to about age 6? Or do you think its wrong for a father to shower with his daughter up to the same age? Now I dont mean ALL the time but when in a rush or something? Is there something wrong about that?

blondiemaker07

Asked by blondiemaker07 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• i personally think 6 is a little too old for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• yes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i think its wrong, they r too old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• As long as the kids and parents are comfortable with it i see no problems with it.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 4:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Yes. My son started commenting on differences of boys and girls at age 3. By age 6 their curiosity is way more advanced. Get up earlier, get in out shower faster to give each person their own private time to shower/bathe.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I think as long as all parties involved are comfortable with it, it's fine any time up until puberty.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Who cares? If you are comfortable, and your child is comfortable does it matter? My parents never slept with any clothes on, and neither do DH and I. I saw some things I probably "shouldn't" have seen, but it was never abusive or sexual or anything. The fact that my parents were comfortable with that made me comfortable with it too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I wouldn't want to. My son is just turned 5 and I don't like him to see me naked...My DD is 2 and my DH hates her to see him naked...I think it depends on the family. For the most part though I would have to say I think that over 3 is to old but whatever. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Eh, I like my shower time for me. My daughter likes her shower time for her. She's 6. I guess I always grew up with the idea that like your shower time is your time. I mean gawd sometimes that 10-15 minutes a day is all I get to just relax and breathe. I'm sick right now, so I have had the whole day to myself and my bed.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• It's up to the family and what you are comfortable with. I don't think there is a magic age that says "Ok your to old now".
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 5:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2009