Pregnant...

I just found out today that I am apparently pregnant. I'm not due to start until Sunday of this week...but I was at Big Lots and saw that there were a three pack of EPT pregnancy tests for a dollar. I checked them and they were not expired! No openings on the box or any other damage that I can see...and nobody at the store knows why they are so cheap so I assume they are legit. Even though they all say "up to five days before ur missed period" and I am six days... there WERE three of them just begging to peed on, so I grabbed the free digital one that came with it, and took it. Went back to the bathroom for my "not pregnant" result since it is rather early...and to my amazement... it said "pregnant". I took another one with much more diluted pee and the line is definitely there, albeit it's light. Okay... but now since it is so early I'm terrified of miscarriage. Somebody reassure me! LOL

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First off Congrats on being pregnant! next step should be to make ur apts to see ur OBG or midwife! Just because its early doesnt mean you are gonna miscarry unless you have done so before. All In all I would have to say congrats and many blessings to you and your unborn child!
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 4:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I had ONE before, and then a healthy normal pregnancy after that. But with the one I lost, I had no symptoms and a very faint line even after I was late. With my daughter and right now...I am already showing mild symptoms and the hormones are apparently going fast enough to give me a positive this early... so I'm hoping that is a good sign. Thanks Cameolynn!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Congrats!
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 4:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• but if w your miscarriage the line was faint after your were late, this is faint 6 days prior, which would mean your hormone levels are higher, so i dont think you have to worry. BUT, my best friend got a faint positive6 days before and ended up her levels were high bc she was having twins!

but i didnt get a pos at all till i was a week late, and went full term w a healthy baby.

congrats anddont worry!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 4:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Twins? Ohhhhhhhh noooo. There's something I'm too horrified to consider. LOL
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• congrats! that's exciting. i would just wait until the day of your period and take the test again, just to double check. worrying about misscarraige is totally normal...it's an all day thing for me! i'm sure you'll be just fine. :D
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 4:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• congrats! just focus on the facts that MOST pregnancies DON'T miscarry and maybe that will help :) and since you know so early, you can be healthy as can be. lol. :) best wishes for a healthy and happy pregnancy!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2009