What am I?

I hate politics. I think that pretty much every politician is spewing dirt whenever their mouth is moving. As such, I never paid much attention to the difference between a Republican, Democrat, Independent, etc or Conservative, Liberal, etc. Whats the difference? And what other parties are there?

What happens if I really do believe both parties have good points and bad points and that those are about equal?

Please be mature in your responses. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Historically, this large group of voters that consider themselves as either moderate or have moderate tendencies have been referred to as the Silent Majority. Today that group is better described as the Angry Middle Party. Out of the frustration and anger has arisen a movement to bring to life a party that truly will be representative of the majority in this country and not the special interests. That movement has given birth to the American Moderate Party.

You sound like a moderate. I am a moderate. One who believes neither party is the right party - it takes a bipartisan effort along with a government willing to hear it's people to truly be an American government.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• A very smart person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Read as much as you can about the PERSOn running and check on previous positions held

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Sweet is right. I vote for the person that holds closest to my thoughts and ideas. Having learned from my mistake in 2000, I also look into their past.

Women's League of Voters provides a good, unbiased presentation of candidates every year. I find them helpful as well.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 4:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• You would be considered an Independent voter--while you cannot vote in Primaries, you can vote in national elections. Since your agree with issues on both sides, being Independent allows you the freedom to select the candidate that is CLOSEST to your political beliefs.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• What am I?

An annoying troll,who has too much time,and not enough attention.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Lorikeet said it well. Determine YOUR values, priorities, and expectations of the Federal Government. Challenge your politicians for honesty.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2009