How many athiests agree with this?

"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• IA with that.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I'm a Christian, and I agree with that statement. There is a lot of stuff in the Bible is scary, rated R, sometimes I sugar coat stories for my kiddo until she's old enough to understand that God is a God of many personalities. That's where the humans get it, we were made in His image.
    But yeah, starting out basically, Noah. All of HUMANITY could not PLEASE God, so he WIPED THEM OUT, all except for NOAH and HIS FAMLY! That's scary!! Flooding the whole Earth and killing all but 2 of each animal and 1 family?? Scary stuff.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 4:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I can't argue with that!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My journey to atheism began when I sat down and read the bible from cover to cover. So it certainly applies to me. Once I saw the hate and violence in the book it was impossible to comprehend the horror until I reached the point of recognizing it as mythology.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Well, I'm not Athiest. But I can agree with that - to a point! Really it's not even the parts that I understand that bother me. It's knowing the history behind many of them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• It's a bit of both for me! (BTW I'm Pagan). But it just seems to be turned around, confusing, and seems like it was copyed and pasted together by the ones who wanted to control the world! (that's my theory)
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 9:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2009