There will be a water shortage in 4/5 states in 2013, what are you doing to make sure this doesn't happen?

PrincessSmasher

Asked by PrincessSmasher at 4:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Move to one of the states that will not have a shortage! Seriously, we have well water, and a spring fed freshwater lake on part of our property--not worried! :o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Well this doesn't sound very fun. Guess as long as it's not my state, I don't care. :) But if I were a scientist, I would be working on a way to cost effectively and efficently take salt / impurieties out of the ocean. But then what happens when we use that all up? Maybe find a decent alterative to grass. No more water water on the lawns at that point.

Oh wait, I heard the world is ending in 2012. i guess it doesn't really matter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I know that is what i said when I heard of this. The worlds ending in 2012 who's planning past then.
    PrincessSmasher

Answer by PrincessSmasher at 4:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Sounds like a scare statistic to me that will end up not being true like most of them are. I cannot think of one stat like that that has actually come true.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 4:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I turn off the water while I brush my teeth and I take short showers . . . just enough time to wash. I don't get to shave every shower either, so that really cuts down on my water usage.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I take 5 min showers, yes i time myself. I shave every 3 days. Don't leave the water one when I brush. I save water when i was dishes too in a complicated way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Well in my hometown we had no water for about 2 weeks. they had to truck water in. Even now, with it back on, we can't drink it. So who knows if it's going to stay on. They couldn't even tell us why we had no water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• wow this is news to me......my hubby works for the water dept...he also does the same job for his air force reserve unit.......
    sounds like a scare tactic to me!
    if you are nervous stock up on bottled water.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 8:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• If those 4/5 states know what is potentially going to happen in 3 years then they should be taking precautions now and doing what they can to either prevent the disaster or reverse it.
    For the rest of us, I think the standards water saving tips should be employed as we have been taught for years.
    What else can we do?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2009