Does it make you feel better or superior or more "right"?

When those who believe in a God feel the need to state that those who don't are "lost", does it make you feel better? Do you need to state how others are wrong in order to feel right within your own beliefs?
Why is it necessary to state that others are "lost" when speaking of your own beliefs?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• She is very right. I love the comment I have posted on my page.

wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 4:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Just because not everyone believes in God, doesn't make us lost and horrible people.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 4:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• It's hard for me to explain for myself, but I'll try. It is just something that has always been said about non-Christians; I've heard it all my life...but the thing is that Christians are "found" by the Grace of God, and those who aren't are still "lost". I don't feel better about myself or my religion by saying this, in fact, it makes me sad to think that someone could still not know the love of Jesus Christ and know how it is to have a life with Him in it.
    I'm sorry if this offends you, but it's how I feel as a Christian who walks with Him daily.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 4:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Actually,no,it doesn't make me feel superior, or "right." It makes me feel sad. Sad for the ones who are not saved,and don't feel the need to. Not that I'm right, or superior to anyone in any way. Just,that the Bible states,very clearly that if you aren't saved, you won't go to Heaven,and that makes me sad,for those who won't be there. Not necessarily people I don't know, I'm talking about family members,and friends, who I won't see in Heaven,due to their own decisions. As for the people on here who aren't there isn't anything I can do about,that, either. You all have your lives,and you're happy with them,but realize, please, we too, are happy with our lives,and the decision to follow Christ. No brainwashing, nothing forced or threatened, we made the CHOICE of our own FREE WILL to follow God. Just as you made the choice of your own free will not to.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I'd like to know where it says ANYWHERE in the bible that once saved always saved? You can have confidence and faith towards God in his ability to save your soul, but He is the ultimate judge. SO it's really not anyone's place to tell you whether you are saved or not. Only God knows.
    I don't tell ppl they are lost, I've gone astray more times than I can count and I really don't have any business telling ppl wther or not they are saved or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• And, nowhere in the Bible does it say you aren't,either. NOWHERE does it say you have to be saved, over and over. Actually,it does say once saved,always saved. It says when you are saved, your name is written in the Lamb's book of Life, never to be erased. So, that kinda shoots your theory down there. Yes, you can lose your relationship with God,but that is OUR fault, NOT God's. I know, I've done it more times than I care to remember. But, God is always there,waiting for us to come back to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• t is just something that has always been said about non-Christians

It used to just always be said that black people were naturally retarded. It didn't make that right, either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• "but the thing is that Christians are "found" by the Grace of God, and those who aren't are still "lost"

But don't people see how condescending that is?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Sahmamax2... it only sounds that way because of your perception of what she said. To me it isnt because I see it as a truth. It has nothing to do with whether or not we are right but it has everything to do with Truth of the Word of God.
    Luke 15:3-5 (New American Standard Bible) 3So He told them this parable, saying, 4"What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture and go after the one which is lost until he finds it?5"When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
    Matthew 10:5-7 (New American Standard Bible) 5These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: "Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; 6but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.7"And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Shaneagle~i understand what you are saying; but did you ever stop to think that some people have their own path to follow, and maybe that path is the one less traveled? Why is it that those who are considered the lost sheep, have to be found? And maybe it's the truth of the word of YOUR god, but it has no bearing on others.
    Who says I'm lost?! Not me....and it should have no bearing on anyone else to say so either.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2009