Asking for a little help.

I'm asking mother who have baby things such as: clothes, playyards, bassinets, cribs things like that that they are trying to get rid of and are going to trow it away.
If you can donate those things to a mother to be; that would so helpful. I'm trying extremely hard to try to afford such things but I can't and if anyone can help that would be most grateful. Thank you all for listening to my situation. please contact me if possible.

gabrielatrevino

Asked by gabrielatrevino at 4:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in About CafeMom

• The shipping would be outrageous. Try www.freecycle.org and see if someone in your area has what you need. There are plenty of charity shops that will give you stuff. Some ask that you give it back when finished with it but you can find things for free.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I second the vote for freecycle. Also try the free section of Craigslist. It sounds like you may not be in a position to care for a baby right now. It would not hurt to speak to a counselor about your situation: www.cradle.org

Answer by rkoloms at 9:21 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I third the vote for freecycle. I know in my area there is a place where pregnant woman can go and take parenting classes and then they earn shopping points to pick out baby items that have been donated to the facility. I am not sure what its called but a friend of mine did that when she was pregnant. Maybe you could see if they have something like that in your area.
    nurbabe82

Answer by nurbabe82 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 15, 2009