Cookie dough

Ok so I'm 28 weeks pregnant and my husband came home with cookie dough ice cream!! I know I can't eat cookie dough but is the cookie dough the same in ice cream and can I eat it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• check the ingredient list for whats in the cookie dough of that ice cream
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Most likely it is the same kind of cookie dough. It has raw egg in it; I would not eat it if I were you.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 5:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I ate cookie dough, just a little will be fine, esp if its just in ice cream -.-; seriously.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i ditto what sandra says......drs dont want you going overboard bc of raw egg in the dough. but i ate it cuz it tates GOOD! lol just dont eat four rolls of premade cookie dough lol enjoy!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• The reason 4 not eating raw eggs is the risk of contracting salmanilla or other harmful bacteria. I think if it's frozen, those bacteria r killed. I say eat up, but if u r not sure call the doc.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 5:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Salmanilla is fairly rare in pasturized eggs. Go for it!!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• 99% of the cookie dough in cookie dough ice cream is egg free, simply because it's not safe to eat raw egg. I'd say go for it.
    I have a recipe for egg free cookie dough that you're supposed to eat raw. It doesn't bake up at all.

Go for it.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 6:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I craved cookie dough at 5 and 6 months and ate a big chunk of it everyday. I was fine. I wouldn't worry about it, but if you are unsure just ask your doctor. Thet also say not to eat hot dogs, but I did that too and didn't know I wasn't suppose to eat it until a couple months after so I think you will be fine.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 3:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2009