A few days back I asked what would you do with 50 thousand dollars, here is more info

I got a few responses and I thought it would make more sense if I included in the post this... I have no debt, no credit card debt, no car payments...the only monthly payment we have is our mortgage. So when I said I wanted to take some of this money I am getting to do some traveling, buy a new car, and invest the rest I was not being irresponsible.

So I ask again...what would you do with 50 thousand dollars?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would travel, specially to Europe and stay in Germany for awhile. Then I would start my own business. I would put the rest in a savings account. That is what I would do if I had no debt and I had $50,000 coming my way. Happy spending!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Probably exactly what you're planning to do if I was in your position. I might try to help out family as well and maybe put some in an account for my daughter for a future car or college. Oh, and I'd be paying for college for my self as well.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I would still budget it.

Invest in a franchise/already established business

set some aside for the kids college found

donate a at least $1,000 to a non-profit organization

purchase gold and silver (the money grows with the market)

then I would go on vacation and buy a used car from a brand dealer

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 4:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Put it all on my mortgage. It is worth more there than anywhere. You are literally taking years and years off your interests fee on your mortgage.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• either pay off my mortgage or buy a lexus 470.....ya some day i will have that bad boy....
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• With 50 grand i would pay all our loans off, maybe 4,000 total with those. Pay the rest on our mortgage. It would cut what we owe damn near in half. It would be so freakin worth it! Wish i had 50 thousand! lol
    Ali-Rippy

Answer by Ali-Rippy at 5:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• With one half, I'd pay off all our debts (DF and mine) buy each of us a vehicle in great condition (not necessarilly new) and take our children to somewhere fun and exciting.

The other half I would split into four's and put into savings accounts (locking the children's until they are 21)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i would buy me a house with all new furniture, and buy my kids and my husband and myself new clothes for all the seasons.
    maniboo

Answer by maniboo at 6:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I would buy a used car outright for about $4,000, which is splurging for us...lol. Pay off the loan on the newer car we are making payments on, which I think has about $10,000 left. Remodel what we can in the house with the rest. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2009