ITCHY STRETCH MARKS

Does anyone have itchy stretch marks, like unbearable, wakes you up in the middle of the night itching, its driving me crazy, any remedies because lotions those arent working.

xxSummaxx13

Asked by xxSummaxx13 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That happened to me in my ninth month and I was in so much discomfort I cried and cried. I put so many lotions on my belly, you could've gone ice skating on it! The stretch marks would not stop itching. I called the OB-GYN in the middle of the night and the on-call doc called me back and wrote me a prescription-strength anti-histamine. A lot of times an anti-histamine can help get lessen skin irritation. It did hurt. I know how you feel.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 5:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• DONT SCRATCH!!!!!
    there are creams at babies r us and palmers works too
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 5:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• drink lots of water. your skin is itchy because it's dry and you're probably dehydrated. Put lots of lotion on too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I find that the only thing that relives the inflammation is 100% pure aloe kept in the refrigerator (either aloe juice works well too). It cools and feels good and helps the itching. I apply several times a day or whenever I feel the itch coming on (basically whenever I go pee, I aloe)

The second thing that helps is to oil the belly to keep the skin supple...as soon as the skin gets dry it gets worse. The best are oils NOT lotions. Virgin coconut oil, raw shea butter, or cocoa butter (all pure, no additives...JUST the oils) work the best -- and last the longest by the way. Most commercial lotions have additives and alcohols that are extremely, extremely drying and don't let the skin breath.

Being very well hydrated also makes a big difference.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I had that problem when I was preggo. Lotions don't do squat. You need to take an anti-histamine. call your ob to get a safe recommendation
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2009