My one year old has had some small bruises along his backbone a couple of times over the past 2 months. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this on their baby and if so, what it was? We have an appt. with the doctor, but a little anxious.

samanthabot

Asked by samanthabot at 5:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my kids used to get them all the time. They hit them selves crawling under things like tables. My grandson had them from a bad carseat until we bought memory foam and padded it better.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My kid always has bruises on his back bone, along with everywhere else. He's a crazy little man and always has some kind of owie! I think he gets the ones on his backbone so often because he's thin like his dad and me and it sticks out, so it's more apt to get bumped!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 5:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My son came up with bruises on his lower spine - he was about 14 years old when it happened. What I thought was bruises turned out to be stretch bruising. He had a growth spurt and developed bruise like spots on his lower 6 spine bones and stretch marks running from both sides of each mark. It was the damnedest thing I'd ever seen! I took him to the doctor - doctor said he was fine. But still don't take my experience to mean that you should not take the baby to the doctor - take him and let the doctor be your guide. Maybe it's growing marks as I call them. But be sure.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• For me it was where they sat in the bath chair, or the high chair....
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 5:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2009