how did it feel when you first went into labor with your first baby? how do you no labor has started FOR SURE?

Having weird symptoms.. everyone says its early labor but all the pain comes and goes.. so i dunno if its real or not... all the symptoms start every few hours and last and intensify for a good 1-3 hours. but then go away and i feel fine for another 3-6 hours... not to worried only blood ive seen is the little that came along with my mucus plug the other day...when you had your first baby how did you know you were really going into labor? how long does early/prelabor pains last until you go into active labor? my symptoms have been going on this way for about 3 days just alot of heavy mentraul cramping and back pains that follow my very strong and irregular contractions that dont subside with walking or resting or water for hours.. strong pains in inner thighs and it gets hard to breath sometimes through the contractions. should i time these the next time i have another episode? and how do you time contractions?start to start?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Umm, I think you should go see your doctor. I went into labor the same day I lost the plug. But everyone is different and every time is, too. Only your doctorcould tell u for sure, but souhds like early labor to me.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 5:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Actually it was my MIL who told me I was in labor. If she hadn't walked in and said something I probly would have been silly and not said anything and had the baby at home not knowing that the horribly crampy gotta poo feeling I was getting was actual labor. Next two times my water broke, the third I was already in the hospital when labor finally started, so we knew right away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• it probably is early lalbor. definitely time it. if its irregular, then probably not the time. but i asked my mom the same question all the time. and when it hit i just knew! I had an o poop (censored haha) look on my face mom said. it hit and i just knew it. When I went into the hospital my contractions were coming every 5 minutes for two hours. it stayed and never let up. So just be safe, and if you have any questions call your dr, or the nurses on the ob floor. good luck momma!!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I was having menstral like cramps and in the bathroom every 10 minutes for about an hour. It occurred to me that the pains were fairly consistant so I timed them they were 7 min apart for an hour and I went in to the doctor. I was 3 cm and in labor and went to the hospital. My daughter was born 3 hours later. Labor was only 5 1/2 hours from start to finish so just focus on your body and you will know if it's the real deal. Sounds like it is to me! good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2009