overly attached to my dog to sleep at night

i have insomnia. but lately ive been having my little chihuahua sleep with me.. and i think im getting dependent on her to be with me for me to sleep.. i dont know its not harming anyone but i think that unless she is the ever living chi then im going hit extra hard when she passes on..mybe ive just turned into a crazy pet lady. am i overly attached ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pets

• i wouldnt say you were crazy...i really miss having my pooch sleep in my bed. it was comforting having him there to protect me, but i moved and he's strictly outdoors now. ask your doc for a nondependent sleep aid, or have you ever tried otc melotonin (i think thats what its called) ?
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• How old is your little dog? Many smaller breeds of dogs live to very advanced ages now, like 15-18-20 years, (or even more) and wouldn't you rather have the comfort of her now and know you will have those wonderful memories forever, even if the little one eventually must leave? You will be just as devastated when the time comes, whether you put her in your bed now or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• just make sure you remain pack leader over your dog. she could get possesive of her bed and amy not let others sleep with you.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My yorkie has slept with me for the last 13 1/2 years. He is my baby and always near me when I am home. It will be devastating when he passes. He is my baby. Loving another living creature does not make one crazy. It's perfectly natural.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:13 AM on Sep. 16, 2009