what parenting issues do you and your friends clash over

my son called my friends son "poopy head" -- not something i am proud of or encourage -- but my friend is so upset with me that she is not returning phone calls. it seems like a silly issue, wondering if anyone else has ever had a silly riff that ended a friendship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• That is silly. your friend is over reacting.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Thats ridiculous, hitting...that would be where i had my issue, if your kid is going to hit mine more than once, and your not going to do anything but say kids will be kids, im not going to hang out, or let my kid hang out with yours anymore. I dont need to put my child around others whose parents feel its okay to hit.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My friends and I clashed over whether or not their children should pick up my house after they have been there playing. I do it at her house, she should do it at mine.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• You have a silly poopy-head friend. LOL sorry j/k she's being petty and , well, stupid. No need in all that.

If you've called twice and she hasn't returned your calls the let it (and her) go. You don't need someone that petty in your life - mom's have enough to worry about just trying to raise children. You don't need a silly ninny trying to make you feel somehow guilty or shunned because your baby said poopy-head.

I've never had a friend that sensitive - I do have a sister like that; She can say "well, I thought you needed to know" right after she tells you that your child isn't 'as smart' as hers - and then she wonders why people don't want to talk to her or why she has few friends. There's a difference between standing up for what you believe and judging everyone with a magnifying glass. Your friend carries her magnifying glass on her sleeve apparently.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Are you serious, so,everytime somebody play innocent with him,she is going to get upset. You said you told him it was wrong,now,if, you value the friendship,then be the bigger person,either write her a little note or better yet,let your son draw her a picture,friendship is so precious,and it's wrong to lose it over something so small. I just celebrated 40 years of friendship with my best friend, on Saturday. Being,a friend means sometimes you have to say sorry,even,if, you didn't do anything. Just say,"I don't know why you are hurt,but,I know in my heart my son didn't mean no harm", what you are really saying, I didn't do anything ,but I care about your feelings and our friendship. Good luck.

lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• MAJOR over-reactor! She needs to grow up and get over her poopy head self.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• If your friend is that upset over what a child calls her - she is a poopy head! I mean come on, are you really going to get upset over what a child thinks of you to the point that you end a freindship?? Come on? Is she 6?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• its not my firend but my sister and we clash over disipline
    i belive kids should have disipline and structure, she doesn't
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 12:11 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My friend has three boys. And she grew up really poor, I did not. We've known each other basically our whole lives. So we've always had different values. She about had a heart attack when I paid 10$ for a pair of flip flops one time lol. But her house is so nasty, and her boys are always really dirty. She keeps trying to give me her old stuff, but its all really really old and dirty and gross and I dont even want to bring it in my house. She sees nothing wrong with putting her kids in something dirty and old, whereas I refuse to let mine run around like little rag dolls. She also doesn't have any kind of structure with her boys. No nap time unless they fall asleep on their own. No set routine for eating or anything. its complete chaos and it drives me insane!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• That is definatly an over reaction on your friends part. I mean as long as he didnt hit him or something like that it isnt THAT big of a deal.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2009