what worked for u to induce labor? i am 2cm and ready to be done...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• walking and bouncing on an exercise ball
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 6:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• WALKING IS THE KEY AND SQUATS . BUT EITHER WAY BABY WILL COME WHEN HE/SHE READY . WALK ALOT ..
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• lol.... NOTHING! Good luck!
    Ilovemybbgrl

Answer by Ilovemybbgrl at 6:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• WALKING IS THE KEY .. I STARTED WALKING FRIDAY MORNING. BACK AND FORTH IN MY HOUSE .. DID SOME SQUATS .. AND 5 AM THE NEXT MORNING .. I WAS 6CM .. AND BY 11 AM HE WAS HERE
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• walking and sex....lol
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• psh in my case nothing.. not even an induction! had 2 failed ones one at 38 weeks one at 39 weeks.. she came 40weeks 3 days .. go figure
    ifihadjessysgrl

Answer by ifihadjessysgrl at 6:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Nothing I was 3cm for 3 weeks and nothing worked for me.  I think most are old wifes tales

patchthatpays

Answer by patchthatpays at 6:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Your dilation means nothing. Some women walk around dilated for weeks before labor, and other women don't dilate at all until well into labor itself. Both are normal.

Nothing is going to work unless your body and baby are already teetering on the brink of going into labor. Walking, sex, spicy foods, and pineapple are harmless and you can try them. But the most they'll do is get your mind off of things and relax you. Relaxtion is good for labor.

You might be done, but that doesn't mean your baby is done. You made it this far, what's a little longer? Relax. Don't exhaust yourself.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

agree with my first i was 4 cm at 28 wks and i had her at 38. walking might help and sex but if your abby is not ready then nothing will work
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• What can you do to get more comfortable and patient? (Baby is not done, obviously.) So getting help so that you can nurture your baby until the time is right is really important. :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2009