Christians?

Is it a sin to masterbate? Even if you are thinking of your hubby why you are doing it? I really want to know what Chrisitans think of this and bible verse if you do think its a sin.. Thanks God bless

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes its a sin, because you are pleasing yourself and not your husband, colossians3-5
    2 corinthians 7-1
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 7:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• It is a sin to lust. There are many verses about semen emissions causing a man to be unclean, but it says nothing about women.

My personal belief is that if it is physical only, then it is ok as long as doing so is not going to keep you from having relations with your husband. I do believe it is a sin to do so if you are not married as the object of the lust is not yours.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 9:46 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I think the only circumstances where it's okay is when Hubby is present...of course I doubt hubby would let you keep it up for long before he wanted to help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• opur religion says it is not cause the bible refers to it but cause you are to master over your body and not let the body be master over you. if you can reframe from masterbating then it should help you reframe from lusting after sex with another if your not married.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• lusting after a spouse is not wrong in my opinion(HELLO book of Song of Solomon people!!!)God created sex and the sexual desire! it was designed to be pure and I believe that as long as your hubby is ok with you doing it, whether or not he is there,as long as he is what you are visualizing to get off to, it's ok... as a military spouse and my hubby being gone, we are both ok with each person taking care of themselves. :) howver, if you feel it is remotely wrong dont do it:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Sep. 15, 2009