im trying to potty train my 2year old son

ive been trying for only two week but i just dont get it he never goes on the potty all her does is sit there and he pees on the carpet anywhere else but the potty...its hard for me cause it was so fast with my dd it took me about a week and she never ever pee on the carpet or anywhere else besides the potty ?
so what should i do just stop and leave him with diapers or just keep trying ?

leeahsgerasmom

Asked by leeahsgerasmom at 6:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 1st is he in diapers at all? I'd opt for pullups only at nap and night time. put cheerios in the potty and tell him to shoot them. If he just isn't interested, it may not be time just yet...give it another 2-3 months and try again.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• he might not know HOW to pee yet. you know what i mean, he doesn't know how to make it come out...? my son is almost 2 and he just learned how to make the pee come out so now he pees on the potty every day before bed but that is the only time he will do it. i have read that the best way is to put them in undies so i bought some, gerber brand, that are thicker so it will absorb the pee. but he goes to daycare so i want to wait until i am off for a few days so he can be in undies all day because he does not like wet undies so hopefully that will motivate him. :) i hope i'm not rambling too much! good luck! i would keep trying but know that it might take a while :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• thanks yeah i keep him in undies all day so he could start learning how to pee and i put pull ups to sleep and nap im just going to keep trying but maybe is just not his time thanks
    leeahsgerasmom

Answer by leeahsgerasmom at 9:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• sounds like you are doing a really good job! hang in there, some kids take longer than others and you still have a looong time before you need to worry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Sep. 14, 2009