for women who have had c sections

My doctor told me that they would do the c section at 39 weeks but isnt 37 full term? Can I tell my doctor to do it at 37 weeks for the baby is ready?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Generally, I believe they try for as close to the due date as possible. They could do it sooner, but there are more chances for prematurity issues.
    37 weeks is not a cut-off point, baby is still inside because baby isn't ready to come out, regardless of what word we use. Some babies aren't ready at 40 weeks. The longer we give them to do their thing, the better, usually.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• it can go two weeks either way so 37 weeks is considered full term but 40 weeks is the gestation period
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I'd be perfectly comfortable to wait till the 39th week .
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• just wait the full amount of time.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• 37 weeks could be to early, wait as long as possible, you don't want to risk your baby's health. good luck! :) some babies are ready at 37 weeks, but then they would know and come on their own, it's not a good idea to guess that a baby might be ready then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i would be more comfortable to wait til 42 wks to have a c/s if i absolutely had too.
    ob's can't do anything until 39 wks. that's why he's making you wait til then. 37 is still early.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:40 AM on Sep. 15, 2009