Do you try?

If someone tells you that you are offending them or being rude in the manner you express your faith to them, do you even try to see it from their perspective or do you just blow them off because you're right, they're wrong, neener neener boo boo?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i dont talk about my religion unless asked..

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I don't try to see it from their perspective I just shut up about it unless they ask specific questions.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I've never been in that situation because I always try to respect someone else's religion, but If I were in that position then I would apologize. I would try to listen to their concerns and try not to bring it up again.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Well, ...you might be getting more responses if you would have rephrased that last part of your question.
    I always try to be respectful of others faiths and do not remember a time when i was being "rude in the manner [I] express [my] faith to them".
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

Not really. In my experience the people who do it never answer the questions that point out their ugly side no matter how nicely it's phrased.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i never bring up religion so i really dont have this problem.

but if it did happen i would just shut up & walk away. when i went over it in my head later that night trying to figure out why they were offended (anxiety is so much fun!) i would try to see things from their POV. but its more of a "so i can sleep" thing & apologize if need be than to figure out who was right or wrong.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I've had many conversations online with friends about religion and beliefs. I've learned to look at things from their perspectives and understand it, so that I can be more sensitive to their beliefs. I've learned to express certain things that shows them respect, without losing credibility within my own right to my own beliefs.
    I think it's important to learn how we come off to others, and to change it if it is not done in a graceful way.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I've never been told I was offensive, I usually strive to be very respectful and courteous.

I did have one person on my mission (I was an obvious missionary with a name tag and all that) that came around the corner before we even made eye contact with him he was shouting he didn't want anything to do with us.

I just said (in his language) Okay sir, have a good night....and kept on walking. I really didn't see the point of wasting his time AND my time in trying to start any conversation with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I always like to have a mature debate about my religion. I like learning about other religions, and respect it if peole don't agree with me.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 11:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• 1 Peter 3: 15 "But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone that demands of you a reason for the hope in you, but doing so together with a MILD TEMPER AND DEEP RESPECT."
    Mamkind

Answer by Mamkind at 11:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2009