my son is 10 months old how do i get him to sleep through the night?

DimitrisMom2008

Asked by DimitrisMom2008 at 7:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Children will sleep through the night when they are ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I have a 3yr.old daughter & a 1yr.old son. Both of them were poor sleepers till I moved them out of our bedroom, into the room next to ours. It seems they were very easily disturbed by any noise, like a cough or sneeze,etc. from us. Also I had to pick them up as soon as they made a noise so they would not disturb the others. I learned that after they were in the next room, I didn't wake up at every little noise they made & vice versa. I didn't go to them unless they actually cried. I found out that most times they went back to sleep on their own without really crying. If your son was still eating when he woke up, try offering him a drink of water instead, if he really cries & insists on something. Don't pick him up unless he really cries. Just pat him until he settles down again. I also run a fan to make an even hum so it covers noises that might wake him. A steady hum is often a comforting noise. Hope this info.helps!
    RuthsPlace

Answer by RuthsPlace at 7:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My son is nearly 2 and still wakes up for a feed about 12/1.

I would just be patient and let your son sleep through the night in his own time.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 8:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2009