We should all feel sorry for my friend, don't you think?

I have never met a more stubborn AND MISINFORMED man in my life!! Her husband has her convinced that she's been lied to her entire life and that the doctors are wrong and that everyone who's ever told her different is just lying to her - Get this - the guy has her convinced that women carry their baby for 10 months - that every pregnancy is 10 months NOT 9 months. She's 18 and rather naive he's 24 - I tried to tell that idiot that it's 9 dad-gum months - 40 weeks divided by 4.33 weeks = 9.23 months. The doctor told her it's normal from 38 to 42 weeks but 40 weeks is perfect - in which case he told her "see 42 weeks - it's 10 and a half months!"
What a moron!! - I feel sorry for her and their baby - don't you? LOL

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 7:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was going to argue with you until your second post.

You should tell him that he's right, math doesn't have anything to do with childbirth. That their baby will come when it wants to. It has nothing to do with his calculations.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Well I think this is a small thing to concern yourself with if your looking at the big picture. It just sounds like this guy is mixed up.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Well. I see his point as well as yours. Think of it this way; 40 weeks divided by 4 weeks (which is what a month is) is 10, so yea, you could see it as 10 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• no anon. because calender months are NOT a perfect 4 weeks. ...
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• He's a moron because he's saying pregnancy lasts 10 months instead of 9.23 (your calculation)? Normal, full-term pregnancies DO gestate closer to 10 months rather than 9 FYI. I don't really think it's a big deal though.
    ronisaurus

Answer by ronisaurus at 7:23 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I'm not sitting around worrying about this - I thought it funny (hence putting it in the Just For Fun section) and for the record - I tried to explain it too him - complete with a month is not an exact 4 weeks - so we use 4.33 as a divisor - and he responded " Math has nothing to do with childbirth". Again - the guy is a laughable moron.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:23 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Oh that poor kid! I hope he/she does not inherit the parent's math abilities and common sense!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 7:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• im guessing he is dividing 40 by 4 which isnt that far off, and technically its not really 9 months ethier i dont feel sorry for her
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• This is rediculous!
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009