Infant Throws her head back and arches her back!

I dont understand what this is. She doesnt cry when she does it. At first I thought she had gas in her tummy, but I burped her for an hour straight and got noghting. She did this when she was first born, it look almost as if she were going to break her back she arched back so far. Then it stopped. Now shes doing it again. Is something wrong? Shes 4 mo.

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 7:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter does this. She has GERD. I'd check with her doctor.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 7:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Not sure by the discription, but I would be concerned with seizures. Have you spoken to the Dr about it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• It sounds a lot like acid reflux, but if she doesn't seem to be in distress i don't know what it could be. Maybe ask her Pediatritian.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• She does have acid reflux. Is that why shes throwing her head back? Sorry, Im a new mommy and worried about this. I've tried talking to her peditrition, but everytime I go to the office they put me with a different doctor, and each doctor contradicts what the other one said. Matter of factly, I trust moms who have had experience, more than the doctors who tell me Im over-reacting.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 7:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I would find another doctors office. You need one that will be your MAIN pedi and others are there ONLY to fill in when necessary.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• That is a symptom of reflux, but if it's new, I doubt it's reflux NOW. Does she have a history of reflux, is she on meds? If so, the dose may need to be increased. I'd consult with the doc, whether or not reflux is in the picture.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• When she does this is she laying down? On her side? Does she do it when your holding her?
    carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 9:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2009