what should i do my 15 year old DD has a low temp of 96.0?

I took her to the hospital the other night because she couldnt breathe and she was light headed and dizzy they said it was asthma and gave her an inhaler.
last night she had a temp of 95.6 and had the same symptoms
now she has a head ache and sore throat and shes starting to get congested and i just took her temp and its 96.0 she has a drs appt for tuesday but what should i do in the mean time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Well she doesn't have a fever. I think she will be ok until she gets to doctor unless she gets too congested and can't breath very well. You might want to try cupping your hand and hitting her on the back to help her cough up the mucus and keep her lungs clear.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• If she feels cold, have her put on warmer clothes and/'or a blanket. Try some tylenol and retake her temperature afterwards. By all means, get her to the e.r. again if the inhaler isnt' working and she is still feeling like she has trouble breathing.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• She may just have a lower the average temperature. My son normally registers lower than the 98.6 degrees that is considered normal. Some people just have lower temps. If she is still having trouble breathing with the inhaler, then take her back or call her doctor for more treatment, she may need a preventative medication. The inhaler is just for emergency use not as a means to help prevent an asthma attack. I speak from experience.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• She should go back to the ER. breathing problems are nothing to mess around with. my oldest dd is asthmatic, as a pp said the inhaler is for emergency use and is not a long term treatment. A low temp could be ok or it could be a symptom.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:15 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• She probably has a virus. While the body's normal response to fighting germs is to raise its temperature, it can also fight germs by lowering temperature.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:40 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I'd take her back to the E.R. I've heard that two indicators of the swine flu are massive chest congestion and a low temperature readings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Id take her back to the ER adn also Id get a non ER dr to say its asthma
    I have a low normal body temp, It may just be normal for her
    The light headed could be from having trouble breathing
    Id go see a dr again
    I hope all goes well
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2009